ENGL Amplifiers have a long legacy of well-loved, precise-sounding high-gain amplifiers. The legendary Powerball is one of ENGLs most iconic designs and allows metal players to find equally inspiring shades throughout the whole gain range.
By partnering with such iconic amplifier brands like ENGL and designers such as Horst Langer, SYNERGY is able to offer these sought-after tones in all-tube designs that are perfect for the direct-recording, lower-stage-volume, and compact-guitar-rig demands of today.
Just like the original head, the all tube preamp Module also features the standard
3-band EQ, gain, and volume controls, but two Gain Lo/Hi and Mid Boost switches per channel to put a world of these German-engineered tones at your fingertips.
It’s easy to see why the SYNERGY preamp module system is taking the industry by storm.
Engl Powerball Preamp Module Features:
- Built in U.S.A.
- All-tube preamp module custom designed by Horst Langer and Engl Amplification
- Two channels offer switching between Overdrive and High Gain Distortion
- Blue: Channel 3 Powerball – Gain, Volume, 3-Band EQ, Gain & Mid Boost Switches
- Red: Channel 4 Powerball – Gain, Volume, 3-Band EQ, Gain & Mid Boost Switches
- 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes ensure rich harmonic performance
- Easy to install and remove from Synergy preamp docks
- Dual/Single switch allows the module to be used with older Egnater and Randall hardware
- Three-position cathode select switch allows you to configure the input tube bias setting for optimum input gain and bass response