Step Audio introduces a patented MIDI controller that transforms
hundreds of MIDI-enabled guitar effects into musical instruments,
freeing musicians from the tyranny of tap tempo while vastly expanding
their creative possibilities.
Bend, Oregon — Step Audio today announced the immediate availability of
its latest MIDI controller, Pilot Wave.
Hundreds of guitar effects now allow MIDI control over parameters
including those from Strymon, Chase Bliss, Meris, Eventide, and Line 6.
Pilot Wave takes MIDI-enabled pedals to the next level by dynamically
modifying up to 10 parameters at a time using sequences of up to 16 steps.
While Tap Tempo and MIDI Clock sync are included, Pilot Wave offers 7
unique ways to manually control sequences. These one-button modes
provide a far more natural and intuitive way to play along with a live
drummer and shifting tempo. You control the speed of the sequence
rather than it controlling you.
A Quick Start page loads Pilot Wave with 16 fun original presets for
popular pedals including Chase Bliss Condor, Meris’ Enzo and Hedra, as
well as Strymon’s Riverside and TimeLine, with many more to come.
Step Audio’s patented Pilot Wave turns any MIDI-enabled pedal into a
dynamic, rhythmic musical instrument.
• Pilot Wave can control a single pedal, or up to ten at a time
• Switching presets on-the-fly is simple
• 16 presets are accessible using the pedal, and 128 with an external
• Up to 6 Program Changes sent at each preset to recall programs on
• Each preset allows up to 10 separate MIDI Control Change (CC)
sequences of up to 16 Steps
• 10 unique playback modes, including 7 manual control modes
• It’s easy to create, edit, and share Pilot Wave sequences using the
• Because the Online Programmer uses Google Chrome, there is nothing to
download and it works on any computer
• One cable is all it takes to empower your MIDI-enabled pedals. No
mods, no hassle!
Pilot Wave sells for $199, and includes a premium USB-MIDI device as
well as 3 different Step Audio MIDI cables for connecting most devices.
Video preview: https://youtu.be/QU4zc88bWNM
For more information: www.StepAudio.net